Effective Workforce Management for Residential Care and Nursing Homes
Effective workforce management has never been more critical to the efficient delivery of care than today. Increasing demand for places in residential care and nursing homes, together with the rising levels of service user expectations needs to be set against the budgetary pressures placed on both private and publicly owned facilities to manage and control operating costs.
The need to provide services for people with multiple long term conditions, including dementia, who are unable to remain within their own homes or patients who require terminal care is adding to the demand for places. Nursing and social care are equally important considerations in this sector and having the right level of staff with the requisite skills and competences are vital to the effective provision of these services.
Developed in conjunction with leading healthcare providers, Softworks Healthcare delivers a completely automated and comprehensive workforce solution for the Residential Care and Nursing Community, which includes:
- Time and Attendance Monitoring
- Absence Management
- Proactive, event driven actionable alerts
- Employee and Manager Self Service
- Comprehensive Management Reporting
Addressing all staff groups
Softworks Healthcare addresses the workforce scheduling needs of all staff groups including
- Healthcare Assistants
- Nursing Staff
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Estates and Facilities
- Admin and Clerical Staff
How Softworks Healthcare Assists Residential Care and Nursing Home Providers
- Optimizes workforce scheduling/rostering and deployment by aligning labor resources with demand.
- Improves productivity and quality by making informed real time decisions based on actual data.
- Reduces operating costs by making optimal use of existing workforce and minimizing the need for overtime, bank and agency staff.
- Attracts, retains and motivates employees by giving them more control and input over their work schedules.
- Takes control of employee absences and managing vacations, time in lieu and sickness more efficiently.
- Ensures organizations are compliant with legislation.
- Manages learning and training and monitors skills and certifications.
- Integrates with 3rd party payroll/HR systems
Healthcare Resources & Publications
- White Paper – How the latest in Workforce Management technology can assist the Healthcare Sector’s Operational Challenges
- Case Study – Beaumont Hospital , Bon Secours
- Video Case Study – Bons Secours Hospitals
- National Press Coverage – Softworks Tackles Hard Work of Hospital Rosters