Effective Workforce Management for the Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Sector
Effective workforce management has never been more critical to the efficient delivery of services to patients with learning disabilities or mental health issues than today. Increasing demand for services and rising levels of patient expectations needs to be set against the budgetary pressures placed on providers to manage and control operating costs.
With one in three people being diagnosed with some form of mental health problem during their lifetime, this sector is under significant pressure to meet the demand for services. The significant reduction in acute mental health beds in recent years has placed further strain on the acute sector. Advances in the effective treatment of patients with counselling and therapy sessions requires more complex workforce planning.
Developed in conjunction with leading healthcare providers, Softworks Healthcare delivers a completely automated and comprehensive workforce solution for Mental Health and Learning Disability service providers, which includes:
- Time and Attendance Monitoring
- Absence Management
- Proactive, event driven actionable alerts
- Employee and Manager Self Service
- Comprehensive Management Reporting
Addressing all staff groups
Softworks Healthcare addresses the workforce scheduling needs of all staff groups including
- Healthcare Assistants and Support
- Admin and Clerical
- Estates and Facilities
- Professional, Technical and Scientific
How Softworks Healthcare supports Mental Health and Learning Disability Services Providers
- Optimises workforce scheduling/rostering and deployment by aligning labour resources with demand.
- Improves productivity and quality by making informed real time decisions based on actual data.
- Reduces operating costs by making optimal use of existing workforce and minimising the need for overtime, bank and agency staff.
- Attracts, retains and motivates employees by giving them more control and input over their work schedules.
- Takes control of employee absences and managing holidays, time in lieu and sickness more efficiently.
- Ensures organisations are compliant with legislation such as the European Working Time Directive.
- Manages learning and training and monitors skills and certifications.
- Enables effective management of travel claims and expenses for staff
- Integrates with 3rd party payroll/HR systems including ESR.
Healthcare Resources & Publications
- White Paper – How the latest in Workforce Management technology can assist the Irish Healthcare Sector with Current Operational Challenges
- Case Study – Beaumont Hospital , Bon Secours
- Video Case Study – Bons Secours Hospitals
- National Press Coverage – Softworks Tackles Hard Work of Hospital Rosters