Effective Workforce Management for the Community Sector
Effective workforce management has never been more critical to the efficient delivery of patient care than today. Increasing demand for services delivered in home and rising levels of patient expectations needs to be set against the budgetary pressures placed on Community Care providers to manage and control operating costs.
With the increasing requirement to support an ageing population with one or more long term conditions including COPD, Coronary Heart Disease and Diabetes there is an emphasis on reducing the need for inpatient care in the acute hospital sector.
Developed in conjunction with leading healthcare providers, Softworks Healthcare delivers a completely automated and comprehensive workforce solution for Community Care providers, which includes:
- Time and Attendance Monitoring
- Absence Management
- Proactive, event driven actionable alerts
- Employee and Manager Self Service
- Comprehensive Management Reporting
Addressing all staff groups
Softworks Healthcare can also address the workforce scheduling needs of all staff groups including
- Community inpatient nursing teams
- District Nurses
- Health Visitors
- Allied Healthcare Professionals including Physiotherapy and Podiatry
- Admin and Clerical Staff
How Softworks Healthcare Community Care Providers
- Optimises workforce scheduling/rostering and deployment by aligning labour resources with demand.
- Improves productivity and quality by making informed real time decisions based on actual data.
- Reduces operating costs by making optimal use of existing workforce and minimising the need for overtime, bank and agency staff.
- Attracts, retains and motivates employees by giving them more control and input over their work schedules.
- Takes control of employee absences and managing holidays, time in lieu and sickness more efficiently.
- Ensures organisations are compliant with legislation such as the European Working Time Directive.
- Manages learning and training and monitors skills and certifications.
- Enables effective management of travel claims and expenses for staff delivering care in patients’ homes.
- Integrates with 3rd party payroll/HR systems including ESR.
Healthcare Resources & Publications
- White Paper – How the latest in Workforce Management technology can assist the UK Healthcare Sector with Current Operational Challenges
- Case Study – Beaumont Hospital , Bon Secours
- Video Case Study – Bons Secours Hospitals
- National Press Coverage – Softworks Tackles Hard Work of Hospital Rosters