Effective Workforce Management for the Acute Hospitals Sector
Effective workforce management has never been more critical to the efficient delivery of patient care across the Acute Sector of the UK than today. Increasing demand for services and rising levels of patient expectations need to be set against the budgetary pressures placed on NHS Trusts to manage and control operating costs. The statutory requirement to ensure safe staffing levels on the wards in the wake of the Francis Report has increased the need to more closely monitor roster schedules to achieve compliance.
Developed in conjunction with leading healthcare providers, Softworks Healthcare delivers a completely automated and comprehensive workforce solution for the UK Acute Sector which includes:
- Time and Attendance Monitoring
- Absence Management
- Proactive, event driven actionable alerts
- Employee and Manager Self Service
- Comprehensive Reporting
Addressing all staff groups
Although many Acute Hospitals have already invested in eRostering software, many have not progressed beyond Nursing. Softworks Healthcare can also address the workforce scheduling needs of
- Estates and Facilities
- Clinical Support Services (Radiology, Pathology and Pharmacy)
- Doctors and Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Admin and Clerical Staff
How Softworks Healthcare Assists Acute Hospitals
- Optimises workforce scheduling/rostering and deployment by aligning labour resources with demand.
- Improves productivity and quality by making informed real time decisions based on actual data.
- Reduces operating costs by making optimal use of existing workforce and minimising the need for overtime, bank and agency staff.
- Attracts, retains and motivates employees by giving them more control and input over their work schedules.
- Takes control of employee absences and managing holidays, time in lieu and sickness more efficiently.
- Ensures organisations are compliant with legislation such as the European Working Time Directive and New Deal for Junior Doctors.
- Manages learning and training and monitors skills/CPD certification.
- Integrates with 3rd party payroll/HR systems including ESR
Healthcare Resources & Publications
- White Paper – How the latest in Workforce Management technology can assist the UK Healthcare Sector with Current Operational Challenges
- Case Study – Beaumont Hospital, Bon Secours
- Video Case Study – Bons Secours Hospitals
- National Press Coverage – Softworks Tackles Hard Work of Hospital Rosters